WELCOME TO CENTRAL BLOOD BANK!
Central Blood Bank is honored to be the blood service provider for WVU Medicine. Did you know that every two seconds, someone needs blood, platelets, or plasma to survive? A mom being treated for cancer. A teenager who was in a car accident. A baby born prematurely. A police officer with sickle cell anemia. And, because there is no substitute for human blood or blood products, patients like these rely entirely on donors. If you have never rolled up your sleeve and given the gift of life then there is no time like the present.
WHERE YOU CAN DONATE
WVU – United Hospital Center (UHC)
327 Medical Park Drive, Bridgeport, WV 26330
First floor classrooms one and two.
August 1, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
October 3, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
December 5, 2018 – 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
UPCOMING DRIVES AT OTHER WVU MEDICINE FACILITIES:
WVU – Ruby Memorial Hospital
Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center Atrium – 1st Floor
1 Medical Center Drive, Morgantown, WV 26506
School of Pharmacy
Wednesday, August 29, 2018 – Chestnut Ridge Center gymnasium – 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Thursday, February 5, 2019 – Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center Atrium – 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, March 7, 2019 – Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center Atrium – 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday, April 4, 2019 – Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center Atrium – 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Division of Occupational Therapy
Friday, February 15, 2019 – Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center Atrium – 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We encourage you to make appointment to donate soon. Here is some helpful information to simplify your blood donation process:
- To register to donate blood, click here.
- You can download the Central Blood Bank Blood Donor Mobile App from the Apple App Store or Google Play. It makes finding local blood drives and donation centers, scheduling appointments, and donating blood easier than ever.
- Sign up here for our Central Blood Bank Donor Rewards program. With every donation, you’ll earn points to redeem for gift cards or an awesome LifeSaver T-shirt.
- On the day of your donation, save time by completing your health history questionnaire online through DonorPass.
- Follow us on Facebook, and Twitter.
- Staying hydrated and eating iron-rich foods before your appointment can help ensure an even better donation experience. Learn more about eligibility and how to prepare for your next donation
After you donate
You’ll receive an email when your blood has shipped out to a hospital in need, so you know when your generous donation is impacting someone’s life.
Once you’re a donor, you can track your health information (cholesterol, blood pressure and hemoglobin level) on your wellness profile page. And if you don’t know your blood type, it’s a great way to find out.
Thank you in advance for making a difference by saving lives.