Blood donations from our generous volunteer blood donors enable us to support life in the communities we serve. We understand that not everyone is eligible or able to donate blood, and that even our most loyal donors have a limit to the number of times they can donate.
By accepting charitable contributions, Central Blood Bank offers the members of the community who are unable to donate, or our loyal donors who want to do more, the opportunity to help support life through donation of a charitable contribution.
Central Blood Bank is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All financial gifts are tax deductible.
How Gifts Help Area Patients in Need
Charitable contributions to Central Blood Bank help support the community blood supply and area patients in need in a number of different ways. These include:
- Investments in state-of-the-art technology to ensure the comfort of our donors and the safety of the community blood supply
- Transfusion medicine advancements
- Public awareness campaigns to increase donor participation in the community blood program
Your financial gift:
- Helps us provide a safe and adequate blood supply for area patients in need
- Advances medical research and patient services
- May be contributed in memory or honor of a friend, colleague, or family member
- Is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law
- Is recognized with a personal thank you letter
- Will remain confidential. Acknowledgements are sent to others as requested (e.g. memorial donations).
Giving by Mail
Donations by check can be mailed to Central Blood Bank. Please make checks payable to Central Blood Bank and mail to:
Central Blood Bank
ATTN: Executive Director
Five Parkway Center
875 Greentree Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Please include if the gift is being donated in memory of a friend or family member. On behalf of the thousands of patients who will benefit from your generosity, we thank you!
If you need more information about making a financial contribution to Central Blood Bank, please submit an inquiry through our Contact Us page.