BECOME A REGULAR BLOOD DONOR
AND SAVE LIVES WHILE EARNING PTO!
As a hospital employee, you know the importance of blood donation. Patients hospitalized at your facility may not survive without people – often strangers – who pay it forward by generously donating their blood.
To encourage you to become a blood donor, your employer offers a program that allows you to earn paid time off (PTO) when you donate blood through Central Blood Bank at UPMC, or at a community drive or donor center.
- Donate 3 times per fiscal year to earn 1 PTO day
- Donate 6 times per fiscal year to earn 2 PTO days
It is possible to earn your PTO in as little as SIX WEEKS by donating platelets every seven days!
We encourage you to make an appointment to donate soon. Here is some helpful information to simplify your blood donation process:
- To find a blood drive near you, click here. When you schedule your appointment, please use group code W0220035.
- You can download the Central Blood Bank Blood Donor Mobile App from the Apple App Store or Google Play. It simplifies the process of finding local blood drives and donation centers, scheduling appointments, and donating blood.
- Sign up here for our BL Rewards program. With every donation, you’ll earn points to redeem for gift cards and other rewards.
- On the day of your donation, save time by completing your health history questionnaire online through DonorPass.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Staying hydrated and eating iron-rich foods before your appointment can help ensure an even better donation experience. Learn more about eligibility and how to prepare for your next donation.
Thank you in advance for making a difference by saving lives. For more details about the PTO Program, visit your company intranet.